Monday 3 September 2018

This is bad


This room doesn’t have a door or windows. There is just a light and a laptop. Maybe I could get Stitch to try to break through the walls, but I don’t know where Fell and Hart are being kept and Osprey told me he’d kill them if I tried anything. 

We had just gone into a coffee shop. We still needed to eat, and that’s when they got us. I remember hearing glass breaking and scraping metal before being pushed to the ground. I stumbled to my feet and turned to see the wreck of a van that had crashed through the front of the shop. A woman was crushed between it and the counter. Over the sounds of shocked customers and employees, I heard Fell curse. I looked over to see her stabbing someone. A needle was slipping out of her neck. Stitch burst out of me in time to stop a bat that was being swung at my head. Some members of Osprey’s gang were climbing out of the van and others were appearing in the restaurant. I sent tendrils out of me and through the one holding the bat, before ripping them outward in anger. A hand grabbed my hair. I sent Stitch towards the new attacker, it speared him through the arm before tearing it off. I didn’t want to kill again. I didn’t want to feel Stitch’s joy. I had to do it. I blocked a punch that another sent at my face and hit back. I felt a sharp pain in my leg and started to fall, but I didn’t hit the ground. Stitch had driven itself through two of the thugs and into the floor, stopping my fall. The one who slashed my leg opened and closed her mouth like a fish before finally dying.

Past them, I could see that Hart had pulled his crowbar from its hiding place under his coat and was cracking someone in the head with it. My view was quickly blocked by panicked bystanders and more of Osprey’s gang. Stitch ripped and tore at them until the sound of a voice and gunfire made me stop it. There was Osprey, holding Fell, with a gun pointed at her head. Fell was bloody and unconscious. I could see from the bodies around her that she had fought them until whatever they stuck her with took her down. Looking to Hart, I saw his arm hanging limp at his side as he tried to stop the choke-hold that one of them had on him. Osprey ordered me to give up if I wanted Fell and Hart to live, before disappearing with her. Hart mouthed the word “no” at me before a strike to the back of my head made everything go black.

When I came to, I was in this room. The laptop was on. They must have been watching me, because a video call came in. I accepted it. Osprey stood there, smirking. Fell was tied to a chair next to him. He introduced himself and told me not to try anything stupid or she would die and then it would be Hart’s turn. She was awake but still drugged. She let out a slurred plea for me to break out and run. At this, Osprey took a knife and grabbed her face. I could hear a choked cry of pain from her as he started to press it into her eye. I yelled at him to stop. He told me not to worry; that she would live if I behaved. He reached toward the camera and the call ended.

I don’t know what to do

7 comments:

  1. Oh for crap's sake pup. This is your life now. It is full of pain, suffering, murder and the rush that comes from murder. Embrace that shit. Learn to smile and LAUGH at it. Otherwise people you care about, or otherwise like, will suffer. And make no fucking mistake, there WILL be suffering now that you botched what should have been a SLAUGHTER of a fight. When you get out of this, and believe me. You will. I want you to know that everything that happens to Fell, to Hart and to You... That is on your head, for hesitating when you should have acted. Torn them apart in that restaurant.

    Oh and BIRD BOY. I know you're probably reading this shit. When I find out where you are, I'm taking the express Path straight to you so we can have a little chat. I'm not against your resurrection plan, for obvious reason, but MAN OH MAN DOES TEAM KILLING PISS ME THE FUCK OFF.

    Let me just make this real fucking clear. You harm any of them, and even if I can't find your ass in time... I'll hunt you. I will hunt you like you were a Runner piece of trash. And no one and nothing will save you from me. That shit Wolf did to Carmine? Oh you will BEG for that, by the time I get done with you. You know what I'm capable of, and you know this shit isn't an idle threat. So plan your next move REAL carefully Tweety Pie. Your life depends on it.

    Oh and let your little helpers know as well. Wouldn't want them to be surprised by my visit, after all... I wonder how many of them know my reputation. And value their loyalty to you more than their fear of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embracing murder doesn't seem to have helped you any, or stopped the suffering of people you care about.

      They would have died if I hadn't stopped. I... couldn't let them die

      Delete
    2. HA. Embracing it kept me HAPPY. And that, Puppy Pupperson, is sometimes the only victory you can have. You could have stopped those IDIOTS, if you just cut loose and embrace the true nature of humanity. Deep within you. I know what you're capable of, I know what Stitch can do, with you backing it the fuck up. That coffee shop would have been painted with bird blood. But instead, here you are. Captured, and kenneled by a MORON.

      Delete
    3. Who is team killing, Mr. Star? Fell and Hart are still alive, and as long as no one tries anything regrettable, it will stay that way. They on the other hand have killed my men; Proxies like you and I.

      I'm getting the subtle impression that you don't like me.

      Delete
    4. Oh no, I just LOVE people who steal kills not MEANT FOR THEM, and then kidnap and torture our brothers and sisters instead of keeping their FUCKING BIRD EYE ON THE BALL. What is our job? Our job is killing RUNNERS, torturing their families and friends. Making their lives HELL. And you? You are occupying yourself with harassing our FAMILY. And why? So you can meddle in MORE shit you ought not meddle in. You think I was brought back by some random jackass who thinks he knows ANYTHING about the kind of shit you are messing with? Leave it. If Father wanted Wolf back, he would have brought her back.

      Like I said. I am not opposed to her being brought back, but you aren't the people to do it.

      But now lets address something that is TRULY insulting. "As long as no one tries anything regrettable..." Fucking hell Man. Is that shit directed towards me? Stay away we have a hostage? Oh MAN, you do NOT know me very well, do you? When I find you, hostages or no, I am coming in and slaughtering your people, and making you my personal pet project for the next eight months. If you off the puppies, I'm making it the next decade. I'm normally not that patient, but I am VERY willing to make an exception just this once.

      Now... Let them go, and I might be inclined to forget about all this. Let them go and do your goddamn JOB, and I might even be inclined to protect your ass from any retaliation from the Wolf Pack. Think about it Bird Brain, think REAL hard.

      Delete
    5. It was aimed more at Whelp than you. Of course, your presence here would certainly not help their situation, nor would it stop us.

      If you do find your way here, however, I'm sure the Wolf will be pleased to meet you

      Delete
    6. OH. REALLY NOW. That sounds like a challenge.

      Delete