Saturday 12 September 2015

He cornered me

I was out in the open and he still cornered me.
 
I had just been kicked out of a coffee shop and was searching for a place to camp for the evening when I noticed how unusually quiet and still everything was. The street was suddenly empty. The buildings were all dark
 
I could feel Stitch’s fear before my own had time to really set in
 
He was right in front of me.
 
I turned to run but he blocked me, appearing whichever way I tried to move until suddenly he stood, hunched, with his face almost touching mine.
 
I would have screamed but nothing came out. I would have fought but I couldn’t move.
 
Then there was nothing but his horrible voice crashing into my mind and crushing me like a tidal wave
 
Stitch screamed in pain and screamed at me to let it take over and fight for us
 
Both voices clashed in my head, fighting to kill my mind and use me
 
I didn’t mind dying- I wanted to die, but I wouldn’t live as a puppet for them or anyone else.
 
My movements were sluggish, but I managed to hold on enough, push back against them to take a shaking step away from the Slender Man, then another.
 
I felt his anger at my resistance and Stitch’s panic. It tried to come out and pull us away but neither me or the Slender Man would allow it. I saw the change in his tentacles. He was finally going to kill us.
 
Time seemed to stand still. In that moment, I gave Stitch a choice: submit or die here. Stitch made its choice and with only one will left to fight against it was able to emerge and pull us away to safety.
 
Stitch hasn’t made a demand since. It follows my orders and talks when I want to, but it hasn’t tried anything else.
 
I can finally sleep in peace but for now, I’m wide awake.
 
I’m at the library again and I think we’ll learn about butterflies today

1 comment:

  1. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Faceless gets rough even with his own "children". I'm sure there's lots of domestic violence in his fucked up...."family".

    Reading this also made me realize that he hasn't actually touched me for a while. Not that this makes me sad. Relieved rather, I don't need him in my head again, not after last time. I see enough of him to make me sick, I don't need his stupid "song" in my head.

    At this point he's more of a twisted travel partner for me that doesn't leave me alone.

    At least you know if he follows you into the library he'll stay quiet.

    ReplyDelete